Self-esteem, Self- love, Confidence!
How do you feel about yourself?
Do you think you are worthy of all the good things in life?
Or do you feel unloved by yourself?
Self Worth, Self Esteem, and Self love affect our confidence and the way we approach life.
Imagine a day, when you feel frumpy, have a bad hair day, and feel bloated. If you were to walk in a party, would you scurry in unnoticed or would you waltz in like you own the place?
The good news is that we can change the way we feel about ourselves. And that too without changing ourselves. We just need to alter the way we think.
Self-esteem & Confidence can be a tricky area for relocating spouses. When we move to a new place, we have to start from scratch, and face rejection.
This can make us question our past achievements.
Each time I relocated, I found my confidence shaken, and in certain cases at an all time low.
So what can you do? Here are our Top 5 tips to boost your self-esteem:
- Make a list of your Achievements: Sit down and make a list of all the things you are proud of about yourself. List EVERY accomplishment, whether small or big. The first five minutes may be difficult, but soon the words will flow. Look at the list, and enjoy the feeling.
- Pat yourself on the back:You work hard at what you do, and sometimes all you really need is a pat on the back. Yes, do the physical act of patting your back. So take your right palm, and pat your left shoulder, and tell yourself ,GOOD JOB! Repeat with your left hand! And feel your positivity rise!
- Maintain an Appreciation Journal:At the end of every day, write down at least ONE thing that you did well. Appreciate yourself for anything big or small on a daily basis. Complement this with Tip # 2, and you will be falling in love with yourself all over again.
- Appreciate one person each day:When we appreciate someone, we are training our brain to look for the goodness in others. Hence it changes the way we look at ourselves too. Appreciate a new person every day for one thing that they did. Write someone an email, or look them in the eye, and say GoodJob, or give someone a hug or a pat on the back. Not only will your popularity soar, but so will your confidence.
- 5)Practice a Random act of Kindness:The act of helping someone is empowering. There is something about putting someone else’s needs ahead of ours which makes us smile. Do at least one every day!
So Go ahead, Start this journey of self –appreciation andself-love TODAY.
And remember to give healthy doses of encouragement along the way!
It will pave the way for a more confident and empowered YOU!